System Updates — Lot Size Changes
This week we will be performing another series of upgrades in order to provide improved lot sizing to our users.
The changes being made have a broad impact, affecting roughly 50 pairs and will require a brief period of downtime for all pairs while we restart our matching engine.
The release will occur in two steps:
- We will restart the HitBTC matching engine, during which time users will see 2-3 minutes of trading downtime on the platform and API requests may time out.
- Updates (documented below) will be made to a large number of instruments. This will require approximately 5 minutes of downtime for each of the listed pairs while these updates occur. You will not be able to place or cancel orders on these pairs during this short maintenance period. API users may also receive a “Symbol not found” response on these pairs during this time.
As with previous updates to instruments lot sizing:
- In order to guarantee correct execution behaviour for the orders during and after the update, we will be canceling the current orders and booking a replacement via an atomic transaction.
- All order parameters will be preserved through the update and users will not see any behavioural differences in order execution or future updates to these orders.
- Users will be notified of this cancel/replace transaction through an Execution Report for each order. The cancellation of the original order and the replacement will also be visible to users querying their order history via API or via the Cancelled and Filled Orders widget.
If you have any questions or queries, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your convenience, we will inform you of the exact pairs and markets 3 hours and 15 min before the procedure via Twitter and Web notifications.
Expected works schedule:
24 January, between 12.00 UTC and 15.00 UTC
|Symbol||Old step||New step||Old lot||New lot|